Located in a beautiful position towards the lake, the Abbey of Maguzzano, an ancient Benedictine building built at the end of the eighth century was destroyed for the first time in the tenth century and later by the Visconti in 1428. Rebuilt at the end of the fifteenth century. The facade is of great and complete Renaissance elegance, the church houses an altarpiece of the Assumption, the design of which is attributed to Moretto. The internal cloister of the convent is one of the finest examples of Brescia architecture of that period. The abbey was suppressed by Napoleon who confiscated its assets. Later, it was entrusted to the poor servants of divine providence founded by Don Calabria. Today it is a place of spirituality, study and meeting between faiths. Castello di Drugolo, thought to be of Lombard origin, dates back to the 10th century. More than for the ancient convent, the town is known for its castle, a severe square-plan building reflecting a medieval perimeter. It has a drawbridge and the battlements ending in a dovetail with ghiebellina battlements. There is an 18th century chapel. After being owned by numerous noble families, today it belongs to the Lanni della Quara barons. Small church of the Dead of the Selva, part of the medieval complex of Drugolo.The church stands on the remains of a fifteenth-century lazaretto and contains numerous ex-votos and a cross in memory of some girls who perished to escape the snares of the French. Church of San Cipriano, very ancient, located in the hamlet of the same name, suggestive in its bare simplicity. The semicircular apse is an element of sober beauty. Inside you can admire fifteenth-century frescoes. Places of archaeological and naturalistic interest: Human presence in the Lonato area is certain since the Paleolithic and Neolithic times, as evidenced by finds found in the Polecra, Recciago areas and in the Lavagnone peat bog. But the richest and most interesting remains come from the Polada, where the indicators of an ancient agricultural civilization, dating back to 8000 years ago and flourishing in particular between 1800 and 1500 BC. have caused archaeologists to define that phase of Prehistory as the “culture of the Polada”. La Polada is a town located about two kilometers east of Lonato. It is an inframorous basin that once housed a small lake. In the second half of the 1800s this lake was reclaimed for the recovery of peat and on that occasion many and important prehistoric finds came to light. The collected material ranges from lithic artefacts to bone, wood and bronze artefacts. The cultural horizon referable to the Bronze Age recognizable throughout Northern Italy and with particular development in the Benacense region was defined with the name of “Culture of Polada”. Fornace dei Gorghi In 1985, following the works for ENEL, a complex of furnaces came to light that perhaps represents a “unicum” in northern Italy. The important handicraft complex of the Roman kilns of Lonato (1st and 2nd century AD) consists of six kilns. The area, located in a favorable position for the procurement of raw materials (clay, water, timber) and strategic for trade, has certainly played a role of primary importance by providing construction material for the various urban settlements of the area in the territory. perilacustre of the lower Garda during the Roman age. Another important archaeological site is the one in loc. Pozze (Fenil Schena) where a complete sequence of archaeological finds can be recognized. Paleolithic, Mesolithic, Neolithic and Bronze Age finds have been found. In the protohistoric and historical age there is news of probable Etruscan settlements and therefore of a large Roman settlement, probably a rustic villa which is part of a much larger and probably identifiable complex, with a Roman mansio serving the Roman road Brescia-Verona. In the area a pagus or a vicus probably came to form, which then evolved into an inhabited area with an arch-presbyteral church dedicated to San Zeno, built in the 4th century. The first nucleus of the town of Lonato therefore stood in this area. Lonato remained located in this area until 1339, when it was razed to the ground during the wars of succession between Visconti and Scaligeri. Boschi di Esenta On the hills of Esenta, the morainic frame of the penultimate glaciation – that of Riss, it is still possible to enjoy an area covered by oak woods. This area represents one of the largest wooded areas in the lower Garda area. The forest is mainly made up of downy oaks and Cerrononchè by the presence of a particular plant species which is the Erica Arborea). Polecra Pond It is a sunny and suggestive environment and the pond is surrounded by tall poplars and has the typical environmental characteristics of wetlands. The place also made finds of interest.